TRAVEL ADVISOR COURSE – Average Complete Time: 3 to 5 Days
WHY THIS TRAINING:
- Average Complete Time: 3 to 5 Days.
- Book your own personal travel.
- Travel discount benefits.
- Sell travel just to family/friends.
- Qualifies you to work with a host/support travel agency.
- Textbook(s) are required.
A Downloadable .PDF Welcome Letter With Login Credentials will be sent with your order within 1 hour of payment so you can get started with your training. Please download the Welcome Letter to your computer and open it up. Follow the instructions in the Welcome Letter. Paperback textbook(s) are required and are being shipped based on your shipping selection.
This is an entry level course that covers all the basics and is designed for new to the business independent home-based travel advisors. Including detailed home-based advisor training modules, video training modules and a host travel agency module. Utilizes the HBTA textbook, VTM – Video Training Modules, Webinars and Industry Resources. The program is self-paced and requires you to read textbook(s), answer textbook(s) questions along with taking online quizzes via an LMS.
• How To Start A Home Based Travel Agency
• The Travel Industry, Opportunity of the 21st Century
• A Brief History of Travel Retailing
• Transition From Storefront to Home-Based Travel Agencies
• Evolution of the True Independent Contractor
• Developing a Business Concept
• Developing a Business Plan
• Starting Your Home-Based Travel Business
• Setting Up Your Books
• Your Home Office of the 21st Century
• Your Home Computer
• Selecting Your Host Agency
• Establishing Your Agency Relationship With Suppliers
• Travel Reservations and Reference Resources
• Setting Up Your Supplier Files
• Developing A Marketing Plan
• Developing a Newsletter
• Using Direct Mail
• Travel Advertising
• Travel Promotions
• Cold Calls, Canvassing and Telemarketing
• Travel Marketing Techniques for the 21st Century
• The Internet and the Travel Industry
• Organizing Your Marketing Files
• Developing Your Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Legal Issues and Protecting Your Business
• Home-Based Travel Agency Travel Benefits
• Tax Benefits for Home-based Travel Agencies
• Getting Connected in the Travel Industry
• Travel Professional Community
• Where Do I Go From Here?
• HBTA Video Series, Video – Business Concept, Video – Business Plan, Video – Marketing Plan, Video – Money Matters, Video – Business Structure, Video – Business Name, Video – Business Brand, Video – Business Logo, Video – Business Card, Video – Travel Laws, Video – 30 Second Speech, Video – Host Agencies, Video – Travel Niche, Video – Marketing Channels, Video – Agency Disclosure.
• Email Training for Independent Travel Agency Setup
• Host Agency Prep
• Job Aids
Note: Throughout your training TAC is available via email and local telephone number if you have any questions concerning your books, online training/testing.
This course is administered and awarded by Travel Agent Campus. See disclaimer for further details.