TACct/cs™ – TRAVEL ADVISOR CERTIFICATION W/ TACt™ TEST & CCS™ – CERTIFIED CRUISE SPECIALIST – Average Complete Time: 7 to 10 Days
WHY THIS TRAINING:
- Average Complete Time: 7 to 10 Days.
- Book your own personal travel.
- Travel discount benefits.
- Book family/friends travel.
- Sell travel to the public.
- Sell cruises to the public.
- Best of the best Professional Travel Advisor status.
- Includes: TACt™ -Travel Advisor Competency Test.
- TACt™ indicates to the public/travel industry you have met a higher competency standard.
- Designation letters (TACct™) that you can place after your name.
- Designation letters (TACcs™) that you can place after your name.
- Designation letters (CCS™) that you can place after your name.
- Qualifies as a prerequisite for the CTS™ – Certified Travel Specialist designation.
- Qualifies you to work with a host/support travel agency.
- 24/7 Instructor Support
- Certifications Awarded
- Textbook(s) are required.
A Downloadable .PDF Welcome Letter With Login Credentials will be sent with your order within 1 hour of payment so you can get started with your training. Please download the Welcome Letter to your computer and open it up. Follow the instructions in the Welcome Letter. Paperback textbook(s) are required and are being shipped based on your shipping selection.
This is an entry level certification that covers all the basics and is designed for new to the business independent home-based advisors. Including detailed travel introductory training modules,detailed home-based travel advisor training modules, video training modules and a host travel agency module. Plus the TACt – Travel Advisor Competency Test from Travel Agent Campus and a third-party proctor ($299 Value). PLUS BONUS Certification, Certified Cruise Specialist (CCS) designation. Utilizes the Travel Career Development textbook published by The Travel Institute and the Home-Based Agent Training textbook. The program is self-paced and requires you to read textbook(s), answer textbook(s) questions along with taking online testing via an LMS. The training includes: online job/training aids, industry websites and experienced representatives, instructors/coaches via Toll free number, Live Chat and email within the LMS. Plus; TACt – Travel Advisor Competency Test from Travel Agent Campus and a third-party proctor ($299 Value) . Plus; Specialist Certification*
• Travel Career Development 10th Edition
• Travel and the Travel Professional
• Geography and International Travel
• Using Technology
• Air Travel
• Ground Travel
• Making a Sale
• Specialized Sales
• Money Matters
• Home-Based Agents,
• Independent Contractors
• Finding Employment
• Building a Career
• How To Start A Home Based Travel Agency
• The Travel Industry, Opportunity of the 21st Century
• A Brief History of Travel Retailing
• Transition From Storefront to Home-Based Travel Agencies
• Evolution of the True Independent Contractor
• Developing a Business Concept
• Developing a Business Plan
• Starting Your Home-Based Travel Business
• Setting Up Your Books
• Your Home Office of the 21st Century
• Your Home Computer
• Selecting Your Host Agency
• Establishing Your Agency Relationship With Suppliers
• Travel Reservations and Reference Resources
• Setting Up Your Supplier Files
• Developing A Marketing Plan
• Developing a Newsletter
• Using Direct Mail
• Travel Advertising
• Travel Promotions
• Cold Calls, Canvassing and Telemarketing
• Travel Marketing Techniques for the 21st Century
• The Internet and the Travel Industry
• Organizing Your Marketing Files
• Developing Your Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Legal Issues and Protecting Your Business
• Home-Based Travel Agency Travel Benefits
• Tax Benefits for Home-based Travel Agencies
• Getting Connected in the Travel Industry
• Travel Professional Community
• Where Do I Go From Here?
• HBTA Video Series, Video – Business Concept, Video – Business Plan, Video – Marketing Plan, Video – Money Matters, Video – Business Structure, Video – Business Name, Video – Business Brand, Video – Business Logo, Video – Business Card, Video – Travel Laws, Video – 30 Second Speech, Video – Host Agencies, Video – Travel Niche, Video – Marketing Channels, Video – Agency Disclosure.
• Email Training for Independent Travel Agency Setup
• Host Agency Prep
• Job Aids
• TACt – Travel Advisor Competency Test ($299 Value)
• PLUS Specialist Certification (ex. CCS – Certified Cruise Specialist) ($395 Value)
Note: Throughout your training TAC is available via email, toll free telephone number and live chat with our representatives/instructors/coaches if you have any questions concerning your books, online training/testing.
This certification is administered and awarded by Travel Agent Campus. Certification allows candidates to demonstrate to the industry and the public that they have mastered the modules within the course. Certification is provisional for the first 6 months and must be renewed before its 1-year expiration date by successfully passing the exam, paying a $25 fee, maintaining a good standing with the travel industry, abiding by travel industry ethics standards determined by ASTA, have earned a minimum of 10 continuing education units (CEUs) per year to maintain the certification. See disclaimer for further details.